JUNE 21, 2018 | HALL 5 «COAL»
SESSION: DELIVERING BUSINESS SOLUTIONS FOR SUSTAINABLE MINING Download
Gulsara Edilbayeva, Chair of the Board of Directors, Kazakhstan Business Council for Sustainable Development (BCSD Kazakhstan)
OPENING WORDS AND REMARKS
BUSINESS SOLUTIONS FOR SUSTAINABLE DEVELOPMENT IN MINING
CIRCULAR ECONOMY – THE PANACEA FOR THE CRITICALITY OF MINERAL RAW MATERIALS? A EUROPEAN PERSPECTIVE.
Roman Stiftner Vice-President, Austrian Mining and Steel Association and Austrian Non-Ferrous Metals Federation, managing Director, Euromines, Austria
• Mining in Slovakia.
• Recycling - The future of the Mining Industry in India.
Juraj B. Durove Researcher , Technical University of KOSICE, Slovak Republic
Mitra Ankan Head Regulatory fairs , Tata Steel Ltd, India
BEST PRACTICE APPROACH FOR MANAGING SUSTAINABLE DEVELOPMENT IN THE MINING SECTOR CASE STUDIES
Presentations of the following topics:
• Development of Sustainable Mining Framework: A Case Study of Goa Mining Region.
• Natural Capital valuation as a tool for Sustainable Mining Operations.
Gurdeep Singh Professory ,Indian Institute of Technology (Indian School of Mines), India
Kumar Vikash Tata Steel Ltd, Head of Planning, India
We will discuss innovative solutions and tools that help to have high-tech, efficient and environmentally sustainable mining:
• Impact Analysis of mine development impact on national economy (computer).
• Improving mining project development and operational performance through advanced simulation.
• Agromineria, agriculture and mining in Peru .
• Common factors and conditions for the transition to a new techno-economic paradigm of sustainable functioning of mining systems.
• The use of multisensor remote sensing data in the whole mining life cycle - from exploration of raw materials to sustainable development of mine sites.
• Establishing and prospective development of precious metals refinery «Tau-Ken Altyn».
Hosoi Yoshitaka Senior Advisor for Natural Resources, Japan International Cooperation Agency, Japan
Talikka Matti Director of Geometallurgy and project Evaluation, Outotec, Finland
Mucho Romulo General Manager ,PEVOEX CONTRATISTAS S.A.C., Peru
Rylnikova Marina Head of Department, Institute of Comprehensive Exploitation of Mineral Resources, Russia
Glaesser Cornelia Head of Department, Martin Luther University Halle, Germany
Tleuzhanov Meiramgaliy, Director, Tay-Ken Altyn LLC, Kazakhstan
SUSTAINABLE DEVELOPMENT IMPACT ON FINANCIAL STABILITY AND RISK MANAGEMENT
• We give the voice to the companies, organisations and regions, where we may have little information on in regards of sustainable development. The lack of information does not mean that there are no success stories. How to expand the family of companies speaking the same language - the language of sustainable development of the mining industry?
• Strategic Measures in Sangan Iron Ore Mines Based on Sustainable Development Indicators and Stakeholder Surveys.
• The quantitative impacts of royalties on a sustainable mine plan.
• UNECE develops a new standard for assessing raw material quantities from secondary sources.
• Comprehensive R&D services to enhance management of mining and post-mining resources linked to sustainability rules.
• Kazakhstan Stock Exchange – leading trading platform in Central Asia- consider SD issues along with financial performance.
• Financial and non-financial reporting – do we achieve synergy? Case studies of mining companies in Kazakhstan.
Amiri Ravanbakhsh Managing Director , Zarshouran Gold Mines and Mineral Industries Development Company, Iran
Kral Ulrich Postdoctoral researcher , Technische Universitaet Wien, Austria
Jan Bondaruk Deputy General Director for Environmental Engineering, Central Mining Institute, Poland
Aldambergen Alina, Chairman, Kazakhstan Stock Exchange, Kazakhstan
Galina Artyukhina Executive Director, Business Council for Sustainable Development for Kazakhstan (BCSD Kazakhstan)